Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church is a Biblical, Confessional, and Liturgical Congregation. As God’s baptized children we are called to be faithful witnesses and merciful servants in our life and fellowship together in our fellowship as God gathers us around His Word and Sacraments.
We believe, teach, and confess…
- One God in Three persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit (The Holy Trinity).
- The Old and New Testaments to be the inspired Word of God, and the only infallible source and norm of faith and practice.
- The historic, ecumenical creeds of the Christian Church: The Apostles’, Nicene, and Athanasian Creeds.
- That Jesus Christ died for the sins of the world and that forgiveness comes only through Jesus and His blood given on Mount Calvary.
- That our hope, trust, and faith are grounded in Jesus Christ’s death and resurrection to save us.
- That Jesus’s saving work is both exclusive and inclusive. Exclusive because Jesus alone is the way, the truth, and the life. Inclusive because Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.
- God gives us forgiveness, life, and salvation in his Means of Grace: His Holy Word, Holy Baptism, Holy Absolution, and Holy Communion; through these means, and by His Word, God imparts forgiveness and grace.
- That God, by the power of the Holy Spirit, leads, guides, and sustains us in faith towards Him and fervent love towards one another.
- That through the work of the Holy Spirit we come to the knowledge of God’s mercy and grace given freely in Jesus Christ. Salvation is freely and wholly given by God in his grace.
If you would like to dig a little deeper into what we believe, follow the subject headings below for further explanation and additional resources for reading, prayer, and study.
- The Source of Christian Theology
- The Center of Christian Theology
- What is Doctrine?
- Creeds and Confessions
- God’s Two Words: Law and Gospel
- Jesus Christ
- The Holy Spirit
- Humanity and Sin
- Righteousness & Justification
- The Church
- The Second Coming of Christ
- Holy Baptism
- Holy Absolution
- Holy Communion
- Faith and Good Works
- Christian Vocation and Life